Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Three...April 2, 2009...Weaver Honey Battered Chicken

"Weaver Honey Battered Chicken"....oh I how remember the times Pam would make this for me. She timed it perfect coming out of the oven just as I came home from a late night at work. We would sit there, eating them dipped in ketchup, while watching some of our favorite shows like MASH. But I pondered.... do they still make this product?

So our friend Karen went on line to check it out. She googled it and to our surprise up popped that infamous blue carton box we all recognized. Great, they still do make it. However, the website did not have a store locator but I figured it shouldn't be that hard to find. Wrong! I had to go to FIVE different stores before I found that box...and how lucky I was because it was the last one in the freezer! Thank you Stop and Shop.

This Thursday was the final show for ER. A show that we watched together over the years. We thought it would be a cool idea to add in the Weaver Chicken as we watched the show. So twenty minutes before the show started, in went the Weaver Honey Battered Chicken in to the oven. The timing was perfect. The chicken arrived on the coffee table, with the ketchup, just as ER started. It tasted just like before, our memories, taste and smelling senses reliving our times before. Though different show, it was the same ending....they disappeared in our tummies very quickly.

Links: www.weaverchicken.com
www.stopandshop.com
www.nbc.com/ER

No comments:

Post a Comment